Fellow Membership is the most sought-after membership available to members through an application process. Fellows are recognised as leaders in the property industry and experts in their area of specialisation. They have made significant contributions both to the API and to the broader property profession.
Fellow Members may use the post nominals FAPI and have full access to member benefits and voting rights at state and national level. Fellow Members may apply for and hold a range of certifications dependent on their experience and specialisation in the industry. Fellow members who hold a certification already or who are successful in achieving a certification may use the certification in addition to the post nominals (e.g. FAPI CPV or FAPI CPM).
What is the eligibility for Fellow Membership?
Fellow Membership is open any current Associate Member who meets the following criteria:
- Has held Associate Membership of the API for at least 10 consecutive years immediately prior to the date of application.
- Has worked in the property industry for the equivalent of 10 years full time.
- Has worked in a senior position in the property industry for the equivalent of at least 5 years full time.
In addition, applicants must satisfy (with evidence) the following criteria:
- Has made a significant personal contribution over a reasonable period to the API through serving on a local, state or national committee or working group
- Has contributed to the development and dissemination of property knowledge
- Has demonstrated leadership in a property discipline
- Has made a substantial contribution to the advancement of the industry and/or property profession.
What must I provide as part of my application?
- A completed the Fellow Application Form showing evidence of meeting the above criteria
- Three letters of recommendation from Fellow Members of the API to whom the applicant is known personally. One of the referees must be a present or past supervisor/manager of the applicant.
How long is the process?
The application process will take approximately 3 months.
- Step by step guide to completing your Fellow Membership application
- Fellow Membership Application Form
- Fellow Membership Explanatory Notes
- Referee Report templates
Purchase your Fellow Membership Application