Provisional Membership with Residential Property Valuer
Be recognised for your academic achievements and take the step in your career as a property professional.
Provisional Membership with Residential Property Valuer (RPV) is open to those who have completed an API accredited course and who have 12 months’ experience within the past 24 months. If you don’t yet have the required experience you can apply for Provisional Membership.
Provisional Members with Residential Property Valuer may use the post nominals PMAPI (RPV) and have full access to member benefits and voting rights at state and national level.
What documentation do I need to apply?
- A copy of your academic transcript which shows you have completed an API accredited course
- Work experience journal showing 12 months’ experience in residential property valuation, signed by your supervisor. A new experience journal should be started if you change supervisors.
- Three residential valuation reports (one of which may be a PropertyPRO or short form report) completed within six months of the application date and accompanied by a letter of certification. The reports must demonstrate two valuation methodologies and should include field notes.
- Three referee reports completed within three months of the application date
- All documents are to be uploaded as PDF files
How is my application assessed?
|Educational||Applicants must meet the API’s academic entry criteria. Applicants must complete the Future Property Professionals Program prior to application|
|Experience||Applicants must have a minimum of 12 months’ experience obtained in the previous 24 months|
|Competence||Provisional Member with RPV – competence assessed through assessment of work experience, sample reports and interview|
How long is the process?
Provisional Membership with Residential Property Valuer applications take approximately three months to complete, including the professional interview process.
- Step by step guide to completing your Provisional Membership with Residential Property Valuer application
- Provisional Membership with Residential Property Valuer Explanatory Notes
- Experience Journal template (Excel)
- Letter of Certification template
- Referee Report template
There is an application fee for this membership. Once your membership has been approved you will receive a pro rata invoice for the membership fee. Your membership is only active once payment has been received.